For the Ginger Crust
- 1 box ginger snaps (~50 cookies)
- 1.5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
For the Cheese cake filling
- 16oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
+ Raspberries and blueberries for topping.
1. Preheat over to 300F.
2. Crush ginger snaps into crumbs. Combine crumbs with butter and apple sauce.
3. Press gingersnap crumbs into a greased pie dish to form the crust.
4. Bake for 6 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Prepare filling: Add cream cheese, sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl and beat until smooth.
6. Blend in egg white, flour, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth.
7. Once crust has cooled off, pour in your filling.
8. Bake pie at 300F for 28 minutes, or until mostly set.
9. Cool pie to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for a few hours.
10. Before serving, top with your blueberries and raspberries!