blueberry smoothie bowl
for the smoothie-
a handful of frozen blueberries
½ frozen banana
a pinch of fresh spinach ( I freeze a bag of fresh so it lasts, and has a better texture!)
1 cup Kefir or lactose free yogurt
A splash of ice water if needed to thin a bit
for the topping-
pure maple syrup
oil (olive, walnut, coconut, grapeseed)
1/8- ¼ cup oats
5-10 walnut halves
a teaspoon of chia seeds* optional
1. Blend together smoothie ingredients, and pour into a bowl.
2. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat.
3. Drizzle a bit of maple syrup and olive oil together onto the pan.
4. Add your oats and walnuts, tossing around to coat for a few minutes, or until the oats are nice and crunchy.
5. Pour the “granola” over your smoothie bowl, and add some chia if you’d like for added fiber, calcium, and omega 3 fatty acids :)