lemon sea scallops & garlic mashed potatoes
Makes 4 servings
1lb sea scallops
1 tablespoon lemon infused olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup baby kale (or spinach)
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes (any potato works.. I just like the yukon because they are easier to chop up and boil!).
2 tablespoons garlic infused oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (1/2 tbs dried would work!)
fresh Parmesan (optional)
For the potatoes:
1. scrub potatoes to clean. Chop them into similar sized cubes and place in a medium-large pot.
2. Add enough water to the pot to cover all the potatoes. Add 1/2 tsp salt, heat to high, and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or so, or until tender.
4. Drain out the water and place potatoes in a large mixing bowl with milk and garlic infused oil. Beat until nicely whipped. Add a few pinches of salt to taste, and parsley.
For the Scallops
1. Add lemon infused oil to a medium skillet over medium heat.
2. Pat your scallops dry, and sprinkle with salt, pepper.
3. Once pan is hot, add your scallops to cook 3 minutes a side, or until golden and cooked through).
4. Remove scallops from heat, add a bit more oil to your pan to sauté the baby kale a few minutes until wilted.
Top your mashed potatoes with scallops and kale, and a pinch or Parmesan if you wish!