Makes 4 servings
4 bell peppers
1 lb ground turkey meat (or beef)
1 can lentils (rinsed and drained)
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
Salt, pepper to taste
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon chopped chives (green part of onion)
1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
Grapeseed oil* ( I used Garlic infused from Stop and Shop! )
*Other oils work too, grapeseed is a good option for cooking at high temperatures.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise, and hollow out the center.
3. Brush peppers with grapeseed oil and roast on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.
4. While the peppers roast, drizzle a bit more oil into a medium pan over medium heat.
5. Add ground turkey, season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and allow to cook a few minutes.
6. Add in the tomatoes, baby spinach.
7. Once spinach has wilted, add the lentils, chives, and ½ cup cheddar cheese.
8. When the meat has cooked through and the peppers are roasted, divide the mixture into each pepper half.
9.Top with more cheese and pop in the oven for a minute or two more to melt.