mini shepherd's pies
For the potatoes-
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 large egg yolk
1/2 cup 2% or whole lactose free milk
2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt (or Lactose free sour cream)
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the filling-
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup corn (I just grabbed the frozen veggies! :) )
1/2 cup chopped green beans
2 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chicken broth ( I used FODY Chicken soup base)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1. Cover potatoes with water in a medium pot with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 15 minutes, or until soft and ready to mash.
2. Drain water from potatoes and add the milk, yogurt, egg yolk, and oil. Mash the potatoes to desired consistency (I like mine a bit chunky)
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Drizzle some olive oil to coat pan.
5. Once hot, add turkey, brown and use a spatula to flip and break up into pieces.
6. Add your veggies (If you're using frozen veggies- cook in a separate pan first/microwave as directed before adding to the meat).
7. In a small skillet over medium heat, add butter and flour, whisking to combine.
8. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to simmer another minute to thicken.
9. Pour gravy over meat and stir to combine.
10. Turn oven to a high broil.
11. Grease 8 large muffin tins. Add a scoop of meat/veggies to each muffin.
12. Top each muffin with a layer of potatoes and sprinkle each top with paprika.
13. Broil muffins for 3-5 minutes, or until nice and golden