sweet potato soup
1 medium sweet potato
6 medium carrots, chopped
1 leek stalk
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 inch slice of ginger root
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
3 cups broth (I used FODY chicken soup base)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Chop sweet potato and carrot, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and place on a baking sheet.
3. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
4. Slice leek lengthwise and rinse to clean. Remove green leaves from white bulb, and chop white part into large pieces.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat.
6. Add white pieces of leek to oil, sauté to infuse the flavor.
7. Boil 3 cups of broth with leek leaves.
8. Once sweet potato and carrot are done, place in a blender.
9. Add the infused oil (If following low FODMAP diet, discard leek bulb pieces before adding the oil to blender).
10. Remove leek greens from broth, and pour broth in blender with veggies and oil.
11. Add ginger, turmeric, and cayenne , and blend until smooth.
11. season with salt and pepper and enjoy!