lobster mac&Cheese Bites
1 box elbow macaroni and cheese (I did aunt annies obvi)
3 tablespoons butter, salted
1 1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup cream cheese (I used whipped chive!)
12 oz lobster meat, cooked.
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons chives
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1. Cook macaroni according to directions on box.
2. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
3. Whisk in 1/4 cup flour and cook until bubbling (~1 min or so).
4. Whisk in milk and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to medium-low and continue to whisk occasionally until thickened.
6. Mix in the Parmesan, the cream cheese, and the macaroni powder cheese until well combined.
7. Fold in the lobster, the macaroni and the chives.
8. Place pan in the freezer to cool down while you prepare your breading station.
9. Pour flour in 1 shallow bowl, eggs in a second bowl, and bread crumbs in a third.
10. Preheat oven to 375F.
11. Once mac and cheese has cooled a bit, form balls with the mixture. Coat each ball with flour, then dip in egg before rolling in bread crumbs and placing on a baking sheet (It helps to flour your hands too!).
12. Bake for 10 minutes or so, or until bread crumbs have browned a bit and rounds are nice and crispy.
*You could also fry the balls in oil, but I went for the lightened up approach.