herb crusted panko chicken
with green beans in sherry sauce
for the chicken
1 lb chicken breast (Thin cut)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons italian Seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste.
for the sherry sauce
3 Tbs butter
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup sherry (or dry white wine)
1 medium shallot, diced
1 lb Green beans
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Fill a shallow bowl with panko and Italian seasonings + a few dashes of salt.
3. Add eggs to another shallow dish.
4. Dip chicken breasts first in egg, then in panko and place in a baking dish.
5. Bake chicken for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the panko is nice and crispy.
6. While the chicken bakes, heat butter over medium heat.
7. Once butter is hot, add the shallot and saute until shallots are soft and carmelized.
8. Then add your sherry and cook until the sherry is reduced by more than 1/2.
9. Add chicken broth, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, stirring often.
10. Once sauce is reduced and slightly thickened, reduce heat and saute your green beans.
11. Drizzle over chicken once done, and serve green beans on the side.