Protein lemon pancakes
FODMAPs-contains some lactose-*Most FODMAPers do okay with small amounts per sitting (I find my patients do pretty well with Greek Yogurt). Monash dives into lactose intake if you're interested.
Makes 6 pancakes
1 cup flour (I used bob's Red Mill GF 1:1 mix)
2tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbs sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1 extra large egg
1, 5.3 oz container Lemon Greek Yogurt
3/4 cup milk of choice (I like Fairlife milk for double the protein and no lactose!)
toppings of choice-
pure maple syrup
1. Heat a skillet to medium low heat (grease with some coconut oil or cooking spray) .
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate medium bowl, whisk your egg, and then add your remaining wet ingredients.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry, stir to combine.
5. Drop 1/4 cup or so of batter onto griddle to make your pancakes.
6. Flip once batter is bubbling a bit, and underside is golden.
7. Enjoy with fruit, syrup, or whatever floats your boat :)