roasted eggplant, tomatoes, & fresh mozzarella
1 small- medium eggplant.
16oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced.
3 plum tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Slice your eggplant into long thin strips and rub generously with olive oil and salt.
3. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast for 18 minutes.
4. Slice your tomatoes into thin ovals, rubbing with olive oil and salt.
5. Remove the eggplants, flip them, and top with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil and pepper to taste.
Return to the oven and cook another 10 minutes or so, until cheese is fully melted.