*This recipe is made for the low FODMAP diet, where garlic and onion are avoided- Seafood pizza often relies heavily on these flavors, so I opted for some infused garlic/onion. If you can enjoy these flavors freely, go ahead and chop up them up for your pizza and ignore my steps there!
1lb bag frozen seafood blend (I like Trader Joe's shrimp, squid rings a scallops blend!)
~1/2 of a 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup freshly Shaved parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Provolone cheese
garlic infused oil (or olive oil with 2-3 cloves garlic minced)
1/2 medium white onion, roughly chopped.
~1 teaspoon each of: basil, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper.
*Pizza crust*- I have been loving Ugly's Bakery gluten-free crust for a low FODMAP option- but any dough would do!
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Brush pizza dough generously with garlic infused oil.
2. Heat another 2 tablespoons of garlic infused oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add large onion pieces and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes to get all the good onion flavors.
3. Discard onion pieces and then add your seafood.
4. Cook seafood in oil for 5 minutes or so.
5. I threw the pizza dough in the oven for 5 minutes before topping it because I often find the gluten free crust needs a bit more time to cook than the rest of the pizza.
6. Combine all the cheeses in a bowl to get a good cheese blend.
7. Take about 1/2 cup of the cheese and sprinkle over the crust.
8. Add the tomatoes and seafood, season generously with the herbs.
9. Top with remaining cheese and crushed red pepper.
10. Cook for 12 minutes, or until cheese is nicely melted and crust is golden.